Evergreen messages by
The day you take up the policy of giving love instead of demanding it - that day you will have rewritten your entire future destiny.
The Chinmaya Mission Pledge
We stand as one family,
bound to each other,
with love and respect.
We serve as an army,
courageous and disciplined,
ever ready to fight against,
all low tendencies and false values,
within and without us.
We live honestly the noble life of
sacrifice and service,
producing more than
what we consume,
and giving more than what we take.
We seek the Lord’s Grace
to keep us on the path of
virtue, courage and wisdom.
May Thy grace and blessings flow
through us to the world around us.
We believe that
the service of our country
is the service of the Lord of Lords,
And the devotion to the people is
the devotion to the Supreme Self.
We know our responsibilities,
give us the ability and the
courage to fulfill them.
OM TAT SAT
Chinmaya Mission Pledge.
Booklet available at Chinmaya Mission Bookshop 89, Lodi Road,
New Delhi - 110003
Ph.: 24697848, 24643301
The Chinmaya Mission has a very active publications division that produces books, audio tapes, video tapes, periodicals and photographs. These are available at the bookshop of the Delhi centre at 89, Lodhi Road.
The Mission has published about 600 books in English, Hindi, Gujarati, Kannada, Malayalam, Marathi, Tamil and Telegu. The complete list with related write ups is available at Chinmaya
Publications (PDF format).
Updated Books and CD's Price List.
These list includes:
- Swami Chinmayananda's widely acclaimed commentaries on the Bhagawad Geeta and the principal Upanishads.
- Commentaries by Swami Chinmayananda and Swami Tejomayananda on other Geetas such as the Ashtavakra Geeta, Hamsa Geeta, Kapil Geeta, Sri Rama Geeta and Vibhishan Geeta.
- Commentaries on other scriptural texts such as Atma Bodh, Bhaja Govindam, Drig Drishya Vivek, Narada Bhakti Sutras, Sat Darshan, Upadesa Saram, Vakya Vritti, Vishnu Sahasranama, Vivekachoodamani and Yoga Vasishta.
- Original works on Vedanta by Swami Tejomayananda such as Bhakti Sudha, Dhyanaswaranam, Jnana Sarah and Manah Shodhanam.
- General books on Vedanta, culture, ethics and morality by Swami Chinmayananda and Swami Tejomayananda such as Hindu Culture, Kindle Life, On Wings and Wheels, Self-Unfoldment, Symbolism in Hinduism, The Art of Man-making, Vedanta - The Science of Life and Vedanta through Letters.
- Books on meditation such as Art of Contemplation and Meditation & Life.
- Children's books which include Bala Bhagavatam, Bala Ramayanam, Geeta for Children, My Prayer, Our Heritage, Parables, Taranginis and Tell Me a Story.
- Biographies and travelogues by and about Swami Tapovan Maharaj and Swami Chinmayananda such as Iswara Darshan, Journey of a Master, My Trek through Uttarkhand and Wanderings in the Himalayas.
- Booklets on chants and rituals such as Dakshinamurthy Stotram, Ganesh Puja Vidhi, Ganga Stotram, Guru Stotram, Nirvana Shatakam, Saraswati Pooja Vidhi and Sri Tapovana Shatakam.
- Chinmaya Mission has produced over 400 audio tapes. These tapes have recordings (in several languages) of:
- Bhajans by Swami Tejomayananda, Swami Purushottamananda, Swami Brahmananda, Vani Jairam and many others.
- Chantings of several compositions like the Bhagawad Geeta, Bhaja Govindam, Hanuman Chalisa, Siva Mahimna Stotram and Vishnu & Lalita Sahasranama.
- Discourses by Swami Chinmayananda, Swami Tejomayananda, Swami Swaroopananda and several other senior swamis of the Mission on scriptural texts such as Advaita Makaranda, Atma Bodh, Shrimad Bhagavatam, Bhagavad Geeta, Bhaja Govindam, Hanuman Chalisa, Ik Omkar, Japji Sahib, Kapila Geeta, Narada Bhakti Sutra, Nauvan Mahala, Ramayana, Sukhmani Sahib, the Upanishads, Updesa Saram and Viveka Choodamani.
Chinmaya Mission publishes a number of periodicals in various languages that are available by subscription. These periodicals are of three categories:
- Magazines for general circulation such as the Tapovan Prasad (the main magazine of the mission), Bal Vihar (for children), Chinmaya Udgosh (for the youth), Vanaprasth Bulletin (for senior citizens) and CMW News (for devotees in North America).
- 'Mananam' journals where every issue is focused on a particular theme. Past publications include the following themes: Beyond Sorrow, Mind - Our Greatest Gift, Mystery of Creation, Power of Faith, Power of Prayer, Pursuit of Happiness, Saints and Mystics, Spirituality in Family Life, Time and Beyond and Vedanta in Action.
- Local centre newsletters that are published by most Chinmaya Mission centres. They carry spiritual articles and news of local mission activities.
For photos of Swami Tapovanji Maharaj, Swami Chinmayananda and Swami Tejomayananda, please contact Anjali Singh email@example.com
Chinmaya Mission Delhi
Chinmaya Mission Delhi
Every Tuesdays and Thursdays
7:15 am -8:30 am
Acharya Chinmaya Ranjan, CR Park Delhi
Chinmaya Mission, Noida
1st of Every month
Chinmaya Mission, Gurgaon